The program has not started yet but will begin on Sunday, February 01, 2015.
How To Play
Welcome to the first Livermore Reads Together Geocaching Adventure! We've hidden 6 geocache containers
in various locations around town. Inside each container will be a clue and coordinates for the next container you need to find. Your goal is to locate the successive containers until you find the Golden Chalice! If you locate all 6 containers and the Golden Chalice, you will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a prize!How to participate in the Geocaching Adventure:
- Sign up for an account. Click above on "Sign Up" and enter your info. Remember your user name and password. You'll need it to log back in.
- Download a free mapping app to your smartphone, such as Google Maps, Apple Maps, or the Travel Compass Lite Geocaching GPS. You can also go to the Google Maps website to enter the coordinates and map the location. For helpful information on geocaching, see the Intro to Geocaching Guide.
- Find all 6 geocaching containers, including the Golden Chalice, hidden around Livermore. Be sure to record your findings: log into your account to enter each geocache by number and a brief description of its location.
- Share fun photos of your geocaching adventure on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest using the hashtag #LRT2015 and we'll repost select photos to the library's social media sites.
- If you find all 6 geocaching containers and the Golden Chalice, you'll be entered into a raffle for a chance to win:
- a Livermore Valley Wine Country Map
- a "Ratatouille DVD"
- a $60 REI gift card
(Raffle winners will be chosen in the first week of March.)
- For further details or to get involved with the geocaching community, visit the Geocaching 101 website. If you have any questions, contact Paul Sevilla or Nathan Brumley at (925) 373-5500.
The Livermore Public Library Geocaching Adventure begins on February 1, 2015 and ends at 5:00pm on February 28, 2015.